Travelling overseas – travel Insurance post transplant

Home Forums General Discussion Travelling overseas – travel Insurance post transplant

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

HI,

I’m looking to travel overseas in the next couple of months to Europe and I need to get my travel insurance organised. My doctor at clinic referred me to Insure and go who insure people with transplant related medical issues. They’ve provided me a quote and it’s still pretty expensive, upwards of $500 dollars. Does anyone know of any other insurance companies that will insure people who are post transplant to compare? Or is it just the one? Has anyone travelled post transplant?Also, does any one know if I need to take a letter from my doctor so I can carry my anti rejection pills? If anyone knows of anything else I need to keep an eye out for or has any travel tips, send them my way!

please help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I would search around and check out a number of insurance companies~there are loads, and see what they cover. Think about exactly what you want to cover and not just your health, for example, will you be covered if you need to head home whilst you’re travelling; some don’t permit any return, some will permit up to 24 hours and others several trips back. Cheapest isn’t always best, and look out for the excess on the policy.

As far as any medication goes, always carry a letter from your doctor, and anything else to prove that it’s essential for for survival. One of our team has type 1 Diabetes and has never had any problem carrying needles and insulin on a plane

Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.